Friday, November 7, 2008

Crossing

I have been watching Karin Jurick's new site "Different Strokes from different Folks" for the last couple of weeks. I have wanted to make a painting to contribute to the site. This week, the photo was inspiring for me and I have submitted.

I was struggling with painter's block. I hadn't painted for a month and I was having a terrible time overcoming the inertia and all the little screaming demons in my head that tell me there is no use in painting. I forced myself to just sit down, ignore the little voices and paint. Today, I feel better.

3 comments:

jennifer woodburn said...

This is an amazing painting Paula. I love the composition and the way the shadows fall. Great work - you just tell those little demons where to go! Get back to painting...

FCP said...

If this is a "comeback" painting, you should always be happy about taking breaks. This has a really nice feel. Some days for for recharging your batteries and some for great work like this-bravo!
Faye

Diane Morgan said...

Very nice! Love your color choices. Sometimes if I haven't painted for awhile I'm afraid I've forgotten how. All you have to do is pick up the brush and it always comes back.