Monday, August 18, 2008

Too Darn Close

I was hanging my clothes out on the line after supper and spotted the fire that was started by lightning strikes from the thunderstorm that had just passed through. This is the view off of my back steps. That fire is too close! But the water choppers are working on it as I type.

p.s. the next day...a severe lighting storm passed through the northwest last night. There are 20 fires burning at this time. Five are big ones but the rest are small and none are really close to the Flats. We just had another storm sweep through with high winds this afternoon but there is going to be some steady rain with it, so hopefully it will drench much of the problem.

I sold a painting this afternoon and had my inaugural visit to my studio (which is pretty rough!) Thanks, Tracy!

No comments: