Monday, May 14, 2012

Big Pink Flowers

I'm posting this outfit not necessarily because it's the greatest outfit but the photo is better (and kinder) than any I have taken recently. I like the look of the thrifted top but it is made of some horrible textured acrylic material. Stuff should feel good when you are wearing it.

Check out the fashions at:
 http://notdeadyetstyle.blogspot.ca/2012/05/visible-monday-46-stripes-forever.html

This is one of my paintings I call "Ruth and Rita" based on a 1930's girls' hockey team photo.

Ruth and Rita     16x20    acrylic

4 comments:

Patti said...

Aww, I love painting of Ruth and Rita - it reminds me of a picture of my step-sister Susan and me at that age (although minus the skating gear) Very emotional. And you look swell in your flowered top, although I agree about fabric - it should feel like jammies!!

The Style Crone said...

The top looks beautiful on you, paired with your shoes. But I too want to feel good in the fabric. And I love your painting!

Helen said...

You are so right about fabric 'needing' to feel good on the body! I also love the Ruth and Rita painting ... you are quite the talent.

Donna said...

You look cool -- your outfit and hair ooze confidence and style.