Saturday, September 6, 2008

Unfortunate Floral



Last weekend, my wonderful daughter Morgan came down from Yellowknife to visit me. We had a great time. We also took part in a beginner Ikebana course. I was amazed at all the wonderful bouquets that were created with minimal instruction. Accolades to our instructor, Chizuko.

I was inspired by the violet gladiolas (and a Robert Burridge video I watched while recuperating from a migraine). Robert makes everything look so easy, he just slaps on paint until he ends up with a stunning painting. I thought I would take a stab at it. Initially, I was very literal about following the photo..then I decided the painting was bland, drab and uniteresting...so I did my usual thing and flung lots of color at it. It's not working and I'm not sure why. I'm just very frustrated!! Comments and suggestions would be appreciated..or it dies!!

2 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy Sandy Art said...

I like this. I hope you didn't kill it! It just needs a little finishing, perhaps more contrast at the focal point, which I see as the red flower in the lower left of the bouquet.
: - ) What do you think?