Monday, September 21, 2009

Getting Started-- Nurses

Pynelogs is having its 95th birthday party in the coming week or so. There is an invitation out to artists to paint their interpretation of what Pynelogs means to them. I know lots of people are painting scenes of the building. I, however, am a sucker for old nurses uniforms--love the cap and tights. Because part of Pynelogs history is as a hospital, I am working from an old photo of some of the nurses that served there.

I am starting out with laying down my stamped collage bits. I will go back in with colors and glazes to make some kind of statement. This is always a learning process! Oh, and it has to be done by friday.

1 comment:

jennifer woodburn said...

It is great to see your working process. I love finding out how people make their art...