Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dancing Queens

Dancing Queens 16x20 acrylic collage

These lovely ladies succumbed to the lure of polka music at the Kimberley Accordian Festival. I must go this summer and take lots of pictures.

I am dreaming of warm green days. It always seems like the ice and cold weather will never give way. I am always surprised by the hot summer days we get in August (100F/40C occasionally). I spent my first winter here wondering why the previous owner had installed ceiling fans but I learned about that. I am drooling over seed catalogs. No sense getting too excited when it will be the beginning of June before I can plant stuff!

2 comments:

Teuvo Vehkalahti said...

Greetings from Finland. This blog is fun to explore, through other countries, people, culture and nature. Come see Teuvo pictures on my blog. And tell all your friends, why should he go Teuvo pictures on my blog. That is why you get your country's flag to rise above the pictures to Teuvon images blog flag collection, a lovely end of February, Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

Autumn Leaves said...

Love this piece, Paula. I knew they must be indulging in a polka - there is just something that gave it away. Their outfits are so perfect too!