Sunday, July 27, 2014

Viva!

When people think about Canada, they generally don't think about how hot it can be in summer. I ordered this dress on the internet for those hot, sunny days. While it is lovely, colorful and cool, it really was quite "muu-muu-ish".

So I took in and shortened the sleeves, shortened the hem, added a belt and a hat and I am ready for the Farmer's Market. 

You can check out my town's farmer's market here:  http://notesfromnd.blogspot.ca/2014/07/new-denver-farmers-market.html


6 comments:

Patti said...

Great re-fashioning - it's a cool dress in every way. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

Val S said...

Nothing wrong with a good muu muu - especially when it's so pretty!

Lisa said...

Love your re-fashioned dress. Such a gorgeous color and print. You look so pretty in it.

Debbie Burns said...

Love the look belted and the hat is a nice touch! I love our local market. Ours is run by Mennonites. Thanks for stopping by my blog via the link-up! Debbie @ ilovemylemonadelife.com

Joni James said...

Cute dress and I'm discovering just how great dresses are in the extreme heat. Anything over 80 is extreme to me.

Jan Graham-McMillen said...

Yup! Perfect alterations from your excellent eye. Very summery and so flattering on you!