Saturday, July 6, 2013

Papier Colle Femmes

Witchy woman    8x10 collage

Inspired by stories on collage collaborations that I kept reading about on Art blogs and “Cloth, Paper, Scissor ” magazine articles, I decided to approach my two favorite collage artists in my area. They are Carney Oudendag and Judy Walker. I suggested that we each make a dozen collages, four of which would be sent to the other participants each and four to keep for ourselves. It was a bit of a wild ride. We didn’t really know what we were doing but we plunged in anyway. I think that may be the best course for most projects. We called ourselves the "Papier Colle Femmes" which translates roughly to women who tear up paper. Grrr!

Our collaborative collage project will be in the Pynelogs Innovations show July 8-21. The reception is Wednesday night July 10 from 7-9 pm. Please join us and find out what a collage collaboration looks like!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I like the collage you featured here.