Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Waltz Melody

I made this little collage a couple of years ago but I still really like it.

"An artist feels vulnerable to begin with; and yet the only answer is to recklessly discard more armour." Eric Maisel

I love this quote. I remember when I first began showing my work. It felt like standing in the gallery naked. It is still scary sometimes... I have to let a lot of remarks roll off me (a lot of well meaning comments about not understanding why I don't paint more realistically or make my colors more "real". But, more and more, when I meet people, they recognize my name and say "you painted such-and such painting... I loved it. That makes me feel pretty high. That and being pleased with my own work. If I am happy with it and would hang it on my walls...I must be doing something right.

No comments: