Saturday, March 20, 2010

Way out yonder in the Navajo nation

Bruce and I had the good fortune to visit Antelope Canyon. We had a wonderful guide, Gerald, a soft-spoken young Navajo man with a hypnotic voice and an interesting way of telling his story. He very kindly took photos of each family in his group. I had heard some detrimental things about the canyon but it was all I had hoped for. As we were leaving, I stopped outside to take one last picture. One of the other native guides within the canyon was playing a traditional flute song. The song poured out of the mouth of the slit, a mystical ending.

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

My gosh, Paula! This is one magnificent photo (and one I hope you will paint). I am almost transported here with your words, but to an earlier time when the land was traversed by the Native Americans. The flute music must have been magical.

FCP said...

Absolutely stunning photo, Paula! What a magical experience. Thanks for sharing,
Faye

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

That photo is AMAZING!! The music must have raised up some goosebumps.....
Sedona is AWESOME and I am already planning a trip back there for next Spring!