Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 21-- image transfer on tissue paper


I have recently learned how to print onto tissue paper and I am excited about incorporating this media into my paintings.



I covered a wood mount with shades of blue/purple. When that was dry, I used acrylic medium to mount a tissue printed with butterflies. I then added the tissue print of the young woman's face. I didn't like the bleed through of the butterflies on her face, so I tried painting over the tissue.


I am not pleased with this outcome. If I were to do this again I would determine where the face would lie and paint over the under printing so that the face maintained it's subtle  markings. Live and learn.

More paintings can be viewed at:  http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.ca/2013/01/30-in-30-day-twenty-one_21.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is cool! I've tried image transfers, but not very successfully. Did you actually print onto tissue paper? I've read you can do it if you tape the tissue to a sheet of regular paper. Anyway, I like what you've done with layering this up.