Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Let's hear it for Porcupines

There are porcupines in the area. People who hike up to the Bugaboo glacier are advised to wrap chicken wire around their cars so that the porcupines won't chew their tires and and car hoses while they are trekking.

My most personal experience was helping pull quills out of my dogs muzzle after he had too close an encounter with a porcupine. Very nasty!


check out other painters at:  http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.ca/2013/01/30-in-30-day-thirty.html

4 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Awe, such a cute little nasty guy he is though! Well done!

Janice Edwards said...

Love him, and his beady little eye;)

Patrice said...

Wow Paula - what a perfect rendition of a porcupine! I just love it.

Back when I worked as a vet tech, I pulled a lotta those quills!

Kristy Tracy said...

I love this painting. You do such fun art. Keep up the wonderful work.