Thursday, March 7, 2013

Farewell, Stompin' Tom


Stompin' Tom Connors was always a defining voice for blue collar Canada for me. A great, salt of the Earth singer. Learn more about him here:  http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2013/03/06/stompin-tom-obit.html

And this is my favorite Canadian hockey song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8zeB7b1uFY

his final letter to his fans

Hello friends,
I want all my fans, past, present, or future, to know that without you, there would have not been any Stompin' Tom.
It was a long hard bumpy road, but this great country kept me inspired with its beauty, character, and spirit, driving me to keep marching on and devoted to sing about its people and places that make Canada the greatest country in the world.
I must now pass the torch, to all of you, to help keep the Maple Leaf flying high, and be the Patriot Canada needs now and in the future.
I humbly thank you all, one last time, for allowing me in your homes, I hope I continue to bring a little bit of cheer into your lives from the work I have done.
Sincerely,
Your Friend always,
Stompin' Tom Connors

1 comment:

Log Cabin Studio said...

A nice tribute to a great Canadian folk singer!!!
Thanks
Caroline