Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy first day of Spring!

When Paintings Go Bad!


This is what happens when you don't do your thumbnail value sketch, or determine a focal point. However, I wasn't sure where this painting would go so I just jumped in. Now, I think I will go back over it and try to make it more of a "painting" and stop worrying about reproducing a photo. I was trying to go for a more subdued palette but I don't like it over much. The background color splits right about the middle (big no-no). Green has to be the most frustrating color to deal with, I can never get it to look right!!Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Hey all, My work is being featured in Jack Magazine: http://www.jackmagazine.com/
an internet magazine edited by Mary Woodbury, wife of Bruce's nephew Morgan Woodbury. Mary is from Indiana, just a skipped rock from were I grew up. Check it out, it's full of poetry, fiction, non-fiction, videos, etc.

1 comment:

jennifer woodburn said...

Just checked out Jack Magazine. It was so nice to see some of my favourite works of yours there: the godess (love those ones) and Madonna among many others. Congratulations!