Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Avian Alphabet and EAgle Song

Well, what a ride that was. It just started as an idea from a request from my local library (who are very dear to me) to make some art for the walls during a convening of librarians. It tied in to our "Wings over the Rockies" event. I have received a lot of good feedback from the little show. I was invoking Robert Burridge's advice to work in a series. I am pleased with the results and will try to tackle another series in the not to far future. Right now, I have a swell of ideas for figure studies and deadlines, deadlines, deadlines!!

Minutes later: I just got back from walking the dog. A group of FOUR bald eagles flew directly over me making a perfect circle and singing their eagle song. What a blessing!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I love blessings! So glad that this series was so well-received. I personally love it and quite honestly, I am thinking it would make for some amazing postage stamps too. Beautiful work, Paula. By the way, I'm going to email a botanist at the university my flower photo...maybe he'll be able to come up with something!

artpaw said...

Love this series. Sherry turned me on to your work. Really great stuff you are doing!