Saturday, May 15, 2010

Tyvek beads

These are some beads that I made when my daughter was visiting. I cut long triangular strips of tyvek (painted in acrylic on both sides) rolled them around a wooden skewer and melted them with a heat gun. Honestly, how do people come up with these ideas? But I think they are cool and hope to do something with them.

Somewhere in the house I have a fringed leather jacket. I bought it years ago and quite like it but didn't have the nerve to wear it much. I have decided that Stacey and Clinton can go to hell and I'm going to dig out that jacket.

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

LOLOL I love when we stand up to Stacy and Clinton (I do it routinely as clothes just do not wear well on me, nor do I have the money to have a nice wardrobe)! I'm sure you will rock that fringed jacket!! Love the Tyvek beads!

Kathleen Owings said...

You go, Girl...you can totally pull off the fringed jacket! (BTW, don't breathe the fumes when you're melting Tyvek.)

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

I am using tyvek envelopes I bought at staples. I don't know where else you can get it. Maybe hardware stores because I see houses wrapped in it.

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

Thanks for the tip regarding the fumes. I did it outside, but now I will be sure to take care.