Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The back road


"The Back Road" 12x12 acrylic
I wish the photo were better. Things do not photograph well on grey days!

I love backroads. When Bruce and I go travelling, we ignore the boring interstates and find the meandering trails. Some of my favorites: almost anywhere along old route 66 in New Mexico or Arizona, ranch roads around Bandera, Texas (Texas has amazing roads, even barely travelled routes are 4- lane and well-kept) the Cowboy Trail [route 22] in southern Alberta, the country roads where I grew up in southern Illinois.

This painting was based on a photo Serena Thompson shared with me. Check out her blog:
http://thefarmchicks.typepad.com/ I can hardly wait for the Farm Chicks event in Spokane the beginning of June. I have already asked for a committment from Bruce to go down. Last year, we SCORED at yard sales prior to the show and then the show, well.... you just have to go see for yourself.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Beautiful, Paula, truly. One place we discovered enroute from our base in Texas to our new base in Tucson many years ago was a town called Ruidoso in New Mexico. What a gorgeous place! But then I find so many gorgeous places just traveling off the beaten path. I do well there.